Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Living Room Decor

Our living room is getting closer and closer to finished! 
We decided to say F painting for the moment. I hate painting! Our walls are a taupe color right now, and I can live with that. I do eventually want to paint, but I feel like our entire house is in various stages of completed. It makes not sense to tape off another room.
A few weeks ago we picked up these curtains
I am obsessed with them! The great thing? They are ombre. We hung them upside down so the go from Orange (Target calls them coral...I disagree) to White. They can be hung either way!

We have a sofa table (I think that is what they are called?) that we put along the wall because the layout of our room doesn't allow it behind the sofa. 
It is full of wedding pictures and is a great focal point.

In this photo, the table isn't centered. It is now, I promise!!
And excuse my mass amounts of cat toys. Our cats are like toddlers and have toy piles everywhere.
The gold "G" was formerly in our dining room but it no longer works.
The green little statue things on the table are from Hobby Lobby--MAJOR sale! The were originally $30 each and I got them for $4.70!
I made all of the canvas and wood blocks myself. 
The only close up I have of the big canvas is before the final paint color. Originally, it was teal. But I decided it was too much blue. So it was switched to gold, but this gives a great close up of the bird design.

I am OBSESSED! The bird was cut out of shelf liner from Dollar Tree! Isn't that so thrifty fun!?


The blocks are just left over wood blocks from a custom order I had. I cut different orange fleur de lis designs. I thought the silhouette was just fun. I wanted the wall to be a hodge podge of different things. The other canvas (not pictured) says, "So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you" It is a quote from The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. It is one of our favorites and we used it in our wedding programs.

On the wall where the tv sits, we hung these:

I've only had them for THREE years sitting in a closet. They were purchased at Lowe's for $20 each.


 My Mom called me a few weeks ago and told me a great story. Back in 1985, she wanted this rocking chair so badly. Looked at it constantly. When she found out she was pregnant she went to buy it, and it had been sold.
That night my Dad came home with the rocking chair.
She told me that she wanted me to have it, and I am so excited to add it to our living room! She and I are going to strip it and stain it ebony to match the room.


I am SO happy to have this room nearly finished! Once the chair is here,  I only need to make throw pillows and finish one wall.
wooohoo!!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, leave me some love!